We’re excited to have celebrity chef, author of My Italian Kitchen, TV personality and restaurant owner, Laura Sharrad, share some of her favourite recipes. Check out her alcohol-free Piña Colada Mocktails.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 3 cups fresh pineapple juice
- Coconut sugar
- Fresh or dried pineapple
- Shake the lime juice, coconut milk and pineapple juice with ice in a cocktail shaker until light and frothy.
- Rub lime around the rim of the cocktail glass and dip it into the coconut sugar.
- Strain and pour the juice mix into the cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with the pineapple, a slice of lime and extra ice.
Originally from Melbourne before relocating to McLaren Vale in South Australia, Laura Sharrad grew up with a wooden spoon in her hand cooking beside her nonnas. Her rich Italian heritage has played a heavy hand in her epicurean journey, which was further strengthened after living in Tuscany. A former MasterChef contestant and an extensively trained chef, the impressive career of this now-25-year-old has leapt from strength to strength. Laura recently opened her own restaurant, Nida Bar and Pasta, with her husband and fellow chef, Max Sharrad. With another restaurant and cookbook in the works, Laura says the long‑term dream is to buy a property on the Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia, teach students to cook and grow produce for a small sustainable restaurant.